Live Tweeting ONU Esport's Game!

    Have you ever live tweeted before? If so, how was your experience? Well, I had the chance this past weekend to do my very first live tweeting and it was tons of fun! The game that I was live tweeting about was the ONU esports valorant team's match during homecoming weekend. There were tons of ONU events happening over homecoming week and this event that I covered was just one of many. There was football happening, parades, Greek life events and, many more. The ONU esports match was live on twitch against DSU with ONU winning the series 0-2.

    The cool thing about live tweeting is that you are commenting your thoughts and opinions during the match. This gives viewers and followers live reactions to all the action happening. To make my live tweeting more efficient I started with a promotional tweet to let my followers know that I will be covering the ONU esports game live. This gives followers a sense of what my next tweets are going to be about. To be courteous I reminded my followers a few minutes before the match that I will be covering the ONU valorant team's match and that it was about to begin. Also, I was using the hashtag, #onuhome23, to allow others live tweeting the event to see my tweets and interact with mine. The match began with ONU dominating the start of the match being up 5-0 against DSU. valorant is a match that goes until a team gets 13 rounds so starting up 5-0 is very impressive. This momentum carried the entire first half with the bears going up 11-1 at halftime. You could tell that the bears, ONU, where having tons of fun and were by far the better team in map 1. The second half was very quick with the bears winning 13-1 and being one map up in the series. The series is a best of 3 so ONU would have to win another map to win the homecoming week series. DSU came out strong in map 2, but very quickly did ONU answer back. The bears were winning at halftime with the score of 8-4. Since this was homecoming week, the bears were having tons of fun in the second half, almost messing around at times. However, even with the team having fun they still played flawlessly. The util timing and teamwork was on point and it was super fun to watch map 2 with ONU winning 13-4. 

    Overall, the game was super fun to watch and my first live tweeting event went super well. Live tweeting is super simple and it also very effective to give viewers and followers a live sense of what is happening during an event. The ONU esports program has a ton of games happening in the future and best of luck to especially the valorant team! Go Bears!




    

Comments

Popular Posts